Fall Pond Service
Fall Pond/Pondless Service
Servicing the Rochester NY and surrounding areas.
***Limited space available, sign up early to get on list. Fall services start mid-September Early October.
One of the most important services we provide this time of year is our pond netting and our cleaning service. It is extremely important to keep leaves and debris out of your pond going into the fall so that your fish can survive through the Winter and be healthy and disease free come spring time. This is essential to year round success.
CLICK HERE to see Fall Foliage Report
Choose: Option A. Fall Pond Cleaning & Netting Service
Pond Cleaning & Netting Service:
One of the most beneficial times of year in Rochester to clean your pond is in the fall. This will reduce the amount of accumulated sludge & debris, like muck or fish waste on the bottom of the pond before the winter season arrives. The build-up of these toxins can potentially harm or prove fatal to your fish over the winter months. Let’s keep our beautiful pets healthy and happy all winter long.
-Option A. FALL POND CLEANING & NETTING SERVICE INCLUDES:
- Draining of pond.
- Fish collected and placed in fish safe containers of original pond water, followed by draining of any remaining pond water.
- Power washing and removing any leaves and debris from pond bottom.
- Cleaning all filter pads, skimmer pads and nets and pump intake.
- Adjusting any fallen rocks as necessary.
- Adding de-chlorinator while refilling the pond, and reintroduce fish to their happy clean environment.
- Add Cold Weather Beneficial Bacteria added to replenish pads. ***Optional bottle of Cold Weather Bacteria Will be left to maintain pond throughout cold season. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for Fish and pond health.
- Hardy pond plants will be cut back to approximately 6″ above water line and tropicals removed.
- Pond leaf netting installed, winter bubbler pump or aerator & floating heater or de-icer set up for customer to keep an opening in the ice over winter.
Choose: Option B. Pond Netting Only Installation Service.
This process is usually done in early fall before the leaves turn color. We install a temporary frame with a net that blocks leaves from entering in your pond.
-Option B. POND NETTING ONLY INSTALLATION SERVICE
- Skim any existing leaves out of pond.
- Trim back waterplants
- Clean & remove filters and pump if desired and ready for storage.
- Cover pond with netting and dome (as seen in picture) to keep leaves and debris out and eliminate toxins from decomposing leaves and debris.
- Add Cold Weather Beneficial Bacteria reducing organic material such as leaves and pond sludge and reducing ammonia, nitrite and excess nutrient such as phosphate that are known to cause poor water quality and unsightly water conditions.
Please fill out the